Comfortable Root Canal Treatment & Cost
Millions of Root Canal Treatment procedures are performed annually and this is an indication that multiple teeth are saved rather than being extracted. Advanced root canal treatments are quick, comfortable, and pain-free, so one shouldn’t worry in case the endodontist recommends a root canal treatment.
The main reasons of a Root Canal Treatment in India are;
- To eliminate pain
- To treat a damaged or diseased tooth/teeth
- Stop sensitivity and swelling
What is a Root Canal & Root Canal Treatment?
A root canal is a hollow soft tissue (pulp) beneath the white enamel and the hard layer of the tooth. The tissue contains blood vessels, connective tissue, and nerves that are vital during the tooth development stage. Once a tooth is fully developed, it can survive on the surrounding tissues.
As we consume foods and drinks every day and in case of poor oral hygiene, the food travels down the pulp. Bacteria will build up and in case there is intense effect, the tooth will indicate you though;
- Severe pain (a toothache)
- Darkening of the tooth
- Sensitivity towards cold and hot foods or drinks
- Tooth decay
A root canal treatment, on the other hand, is an endodontic procedure where the dental specialist eliminates the diseased or infected blood vessels, tissue and nerves, clean the region and then replace it with a filling or in other words fill it.
Advanced root canal treatment procedures are very effective and painless, similar to routine filling and they will perfect your biting ability, smile, and confidence.
The Root Canal Treatment Procedure
- A root canal treatment is vital in case of infected or inflamed dental pulps, and your dentist will have to take an X-ray along side a physical examination of your teeth.
- During the procedure, local anesthesia will be administered directly into the infected or inflamed tooth. The extent of anesthesia depends on whether you are feeling pain or not.
- The endodontist will then expose the top part of the infected tooth in order to reach the damaged pulp.
- By using advanced surgical instruments at Smile Zone dental specialty centre, the dentist will carefully remove the damaged pulp and will then clean the entire canal, which runs from the bottom to the top of the tooth.
- The next step involves spraying and disinfecting the pulp to prevent further microbial infections. The hollow will then temporarily be stuffed.
- During the next appointment, the dentist will remove the stuffings and replace them with fillings, and a permanent crown will be placed on top of the tooth. The tooth will continue to function like a normal tooth.
After the Procedure
A patient will experience some swelling, pain, and soreness. This will last for 2 or 3 days. Antibiotics and painkillers are normally prescribed to prevent or reduce pain and to prevent infections just like any other surgery leads to infections in case of poor treatment.
When should you think of a Root Canal Treatment
- In case of sensitivity
- Extreme tooth decay
- Tooth trauma
- In case of cracks or chips
- A worsened infected pulp will lead to an abscess
Root Canal Treatment Cost
On the average, a root canal treatment cost in India is 70 dollars per tooth, but the total cost is highly determined by consultation fees, anesthesia cost, the surgery cost, medication costs and the extent of treatments and observations required.
Root Canal Treatment at Smile Zone Dental Specialty Centre
Our dental centre comprises of world class dental surgical instruments sterilized before every patient’s dental treatment procedure. Specifically, our root canal treatment procedures are painless and very comfortable for every patient. The endodontic procedure will restore your smile, beauty, and the general performance of your teeth.
LASER ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
We are pioneers in serving our patients with the latest and recent Laser Root Canal Treatment. We believe in a development that helps our patient to give them more comfortable experience. Pain-free Root canal with a laser is one of such innovation. The effectiveness of this treatment helps us to improve the way that we perform the root canal therapy.
BENEFITS OF USING LASER IN ROOL CANAL TREATMENT
- Laser therapy is mostly used for the cleaning and sterilization of the canals. There is no tissue left after burning. Thus, it enhances the chances of success of the root canal treatment.
- This also reduces the risk of re-infection that conserves the tooth structure properly.
- There is the high level of disinfection, can be achieved in the minutes. This saves the time both for the patient and dentists.
- Disinfection procedure is performed very quickly.
- Laser root canal treatment is only performed in the single visit.