DENTAL BRIDGES: PROCEDURE, BENEFITS & COST IN INDIA
Dental bridges treatment is a dental procedure where artificial teeth are used to bridge the gap in the mouth. A specific number of teeth are implanted in the gap to fill the spaces that are left behind by various dental conditions.
The special anchoring new teeth are known as abutment teeth, which are prepared to receive the bridge. The artificial teeth known as the Pontic are usually made from ceramic material, but can also be made from alloys, gold, porcelain or a combination of these mentioned materials.
Dental bridges can consist of any number required to fill the gap, but are placed in between natural teeth or implants. With dental bridges treatment, molars can also be fixed.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are mainly four types of dental bridges available for Dental Bridges Treatment in India.
- Traditional Dental Bridges
This is the commonest type of dental bridges available worldwide. Traditional dental bridges consist of one or more pontic (artificial teeth) and are properly fixed using dental bridges (abutments) through preparing the adjacent teeth by removing their enamel.
These bridges are used in case one has natural teeth on either side of the gap where the artificial teeth are cemented.
- Cantilever Bridges
Cantilever Bridges are used in case one has natural teeth on only one side of the mouth. This dental bridge isn’t a great option since the bridges may exert more force on the natural teeth and also lead to complications like loosened crowns.
- Maryland Bridges
These consist of a Pontic held in place by a metal or porcelain framework. This type of bridge isn’t held in place by crowns, so the adjacent teeth aren’t filled. Also known as resin-bonded bridges, they aren’t that strong and are commonly placed in the front region.
- Zirconia Crowns & Bridges
The Zirconium material is emerging as the topmost selected material for both dental crowns and bridges. The Zirconia crowns are extremely durable and present a natural appearance of the teeth. Due to their quality, they can withstand wear and tear plus they are completely biocompatible.
Our dental specialist provides customized Zirconia bridges (framework) according to a patient’s dental makeup.
Preparation & the Procedure of Dental Bridges
- You and the dentist will discuss the goals of the dental bridges and will also examine your teeth plus an X-ray may be taken.
- The abutment teeth will be prepared by eliminating part of the enamel to create space for the crown.
- The impressions of the teeth will be made to assist the dentist in creating the exact teeth replacements. You will be given a temporary bridge to protect the exposed teeth and gums.
- During the next visit, the dentist will remove the temporary bridge and make adjustments on the porcelain or a metal bridge as required and then lastly fill the gap.
- You will need to return to the dentist to check the bite and metal framework after which the bridge will be cemented into place.
The Cost of Dental Bridges
Specifically, in India, Dental bridges’ cost varies depending on the dental centre visited and the type of dental bridges selected. The Dental Bridges Treatment Cost in India for patients under any insurance company will pay a lower amount compared to those who aren’t covered.
After the Dental Bridges Treatment
Dental bridges offer various benefits like restoring your bite, smile, and also maintain the position of the natural teeth. They can also last for more than 8 years with good oral hygiene and checkups.
Brush regularly and floss when necessary to prevent tooth decay and gum diseases.