Cavities or Tooth Decay Treatment
Cavities are the issue of permanently damaged areas present in the teeth’ hard surface which makes tiny holes & openings. In medical terms, it is also known as tooth decay or caries which can occur due to different factors like:
- Presence of bacteria in the mouth
- Intake of sugary drinks in excess
- Taking snacks on the daily basis
- Not giving enough time to clean your teeth
From the view of the best dentist in Whitefield, the most number of dental cases are due to tooth decay and cavities. From children to older adults, it can occur in anyone. You must get the cavities treated on time, otherwise, it can lead to severe issues like:
- Tooth loss
- Severe toothache
To deal with the problem, you must go and get your dental visits done from time to time. Along with dental visits, make sure that you follow the proper dental regime to protect your teeth against cavities and any other dental problem.
What are the common symptoms of cavities?
The cavities signs and symptoms are different from each other and it depends upon the location & extent. If the problem has just started, then it will not show any symptoms. Although, when the problem gets worse, it will start showing several signs and symptoms like:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Toothache, pain occurs without any reason
- Mild to sharp pain, when you drink or eat something hot, cold, or sweet
- Visible holes or pits present in your teeth
- Pain when you bite down on the food
- Black, brown, or white stain on the tooth surface
What are the causes of cavities?
- Plaque formation
Dental plaque is a clear sticky film that occurs on the teeth. This happens when you eat a lot of sugar and scratch & after that, you do not clean the teeth. With time, the bacteria will start forming on the teeth. Due to tartar, the problem can take more time to remove.
- Plaque attacks
The acids in plaque have to be removed because the minerals are present in the tooth surface. The erosion can occur due to the presence of holes in the enamel or due to tiny openings.
- Destruction continues
As the problem keeps on developing, from the teeth it will reach the inner layer of the tooth known as pulp which has blood vessels and nerves. In addition, the pulp will become swollen, and then there will be irritation. As the space is minimal due to which swelling cannot expand and it will lead to pain.
Some of the best treatment options are:
- Fluoride treatment
- Root canal
- Tooth extraction
If you are concerned about your dental health then schedule your initial consultation with the doctor to understand better what treatment plan will suit your condition the best.
How to prevent tooth cavities and tooth decay?
Here are some of the tips that can prevent the condition from getting worse:
- You need to brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste
- Make sure that you rinse your mouth
- You need to visit your dentist regularly
- You should drink tap water
- Consider the option of dental sealants
- Do not have more snacks on a day basis