Dental problems are caused because of poor oral hygiene. If you do not clean your teeth properly, then it will surely lead to several teeth problems. In this case, you must talk to a doctor, so that you can get the right treatment on time. Only this will help you to reduce the risk of certain other problems.
It is one of the biggest myths or believes that plaque and tartar are similar. It is only a misconception because tartar and plaque are completely different problems and these can also be treated in different ways. No doubt, both conditions affect our teeth, but plaque can be removed daily with the help of good brushing habits. Whereas, tartar can only be removed by the dentist. You need to visit the dental clinic to get rid of tartar. For this, you need to visit the specialist routinely, to keep your mouth healthy. If you ignore this condition, it may lead you to certain other teeth problems.
Keep reading this article to get proper and detailed information about plaque and tartar.
What is Plaque?
Yes, we all have bacteria in our mouth, no matter how properly we take care of our mouth. When this bacteria combines with leftovers food, then plaque is formed.in addition to this, plaque is a sticky and soft form under the gums, also felt on your teeth. If you recently get dental fillings, then it will surely stick to that fillings.
You can simply remove them by good oral health habits include-:
- You need to brush daily twice or thrice a day properly for at least 2 or 3 minutes.
- You also use an antiseptic mouthwash to remove plaque.
- If you leave it as it is, then it will surely lead you to certain other health problems or may damage your teeth badly. You may then suffer from cavities and gum disease.
What is Tartar?
Tartar is formed when you do not remove plaque properly. Tartar is completely different from plaque, as plaque is soft and sticky, whereas tartar is rough and hard.
In the condition of tartar, the bacteria can sit between your teeth and gums, which also leads you to gum disease including receding gums. Additionally, you cannot simply get rid of it at home, you need to visit the specialist to remove tartar. He can remove tartar with special tools, or you can also undergo the scaling process. This is a special process designed to remove tartar to reduce the risk of certain teeth problems.
You can also reduce the risk of the formation of tartar if you are following the below-mentioned tips.
- Practicing good oral hygiene means you must brush your teeth twice a day.
- You must use tartar control toothpaste, that contains fluoride.
- You must avoid foods that are rich in starch and sugar.
- If you are a regular smoker, then you must quit it as soon as possible.
- You must drink plenty of water throughout the day
A regular visit to the Dentist
Yes, you must visit the specialist routinely for a proper check-up. This will help you to know about tooth problems that you have. And you can simply get rid of those conditions and reduce the risk of serious teeth problems such as-:
- Receding gums.