Symptoms, Causes, Complications, And Prevention of Cavities/Tooth Decay
Holes or opening on the hard surface of your teeth which are damaged are known as Cavities. Another name for cavities is tooth decay. This is caused due to bacteria building up in the mouth, having more sugary drinks, snacking most of the time, and not properly cleaning our teeth. For the problem of cavities, consult a Dental clinic in Bangalore.
The most common problem regarding tooth is cavities and tooth decay. It can arise in adults, kids, and even infants. Also, pale or yellow teeth can make you feel embarrassed. To cure this, go for Teeth Whitening in Bangalore.
Symptoms of cavities
There are many symptoms of a cavity, but when it is growing, it has zero to very few visible signs. When it gets bigger, then there are visible symptoms like
- Pain while eating or drinking
- Pain while biting
- Sensitive tooth
- Impulsive pain in the tooth
- Holes in your teeth
- Staining on your teeth
Causes of cavities
Tooth decay is the reason for cavities. Here are some causes of tooth decay.
- Plague formation- All this occurs due to our eating habits. When we consume excessive sugar in food or drinks and do not clean our teeth properly, this leads to a plague in our mouth.
- Plaque attacks- in the tooth’s outer enamel, there are minerals. The acid of plague removes it. This causes a tiny opening in the enamel of the tooth. When the area of enamel is damaged, it reaches another deeper level called dentin. This layer can quickly decay by the acid.
- Eradication continues- once the plague is developed, it continues to damage our teeth. The pulp inside the tooth becomes swollen and gets irritated by the bacteria. It causes severe pain as the swelling has no space to extend more.
Cavities and tooth decay are very serious issues, but people take it as a joke. Here is a list few issues that can occur further.
- Problem with chewing the food
- Pain in daily life
- Damaged or broken teeth
- Swelling around the tooth
- Tooth loss(it may affect your appearance)
- Shift of tooth
- Bacterial Infection
- Nutritional deficiency as you are unable to eat anything
How to prevent tooth decay?
Oral hygiene and good eating habits can prevent all your tooth from any problems. You can consult an expert for prevention tips or follow the following information.
- Brushing- always brush your teeth two times a day. When you drink or eat something sugary, clean your teeth right after eating by brushing them. Always use toothpaste that contains Fluoride.
- Rinse your mouth properly- dentists always advise you to avoid any problem with your tooth; always rinse your mouth properly with Fluoride.
- Sometimes drink tap water- tap water contains Fluoride, which is favorable for your teeth. If you always drink bottled water, you will miss out on the benefits of tap water.
- Avoid unhealthy food- unhealthy food like chips, fried food, and beverages with high amounts of sugar should always be avoided for better oral health.
- Visit your dentist- every 2-3 months, you should book an appointment with your dentist so that if any issue occurs, it will be detected in the first stage.
As it is said, the oral problem can occur anytime, so without wasting more time, visit Smile Zone Dental Speciality Centre for all your oral issues.