Tips To Always Keep Teeth Healthy And White
Having white, lustrous, and shiny teeth is the wish of every individual. Whenever anyone visits his/her dentist, the only question that everyone asks the key to maintaining white teeth. It is not at all a daunting task and it also does not need any or regular visits to the dental clinic.
What can make teeth yellow?
The teeth may appear yellow due to several reasons such as there are some foods that can make the enamel pale. Besides, if there is a composition of plaque on teeth, it can make them appear yellow. There can also be wiping out of the hard enamel which leads to the visibility of dentin.
How to whiten teeth?
The teeth can be made white naturally.
- Oil pulling: this is an old Indian remedy in which the individuals are supposed to rinse their mouth with a little amount of any oil be it, sesame, sunflower, or olive oil. Following this practice daily helps in the elimination of bacteria, plaque, and gingivitis.
- Brushing along with baking soda: this has in-built teeth whitening attributes. Using these acts as a scrub on teeth which can help to eliminate stains on the teeth. It is also useful to remove bacteria build-up from the mouth. The results are not visible overnight but are apparent with continuous usage.
- Hydrogen peroxide: hydrogen peroxide can be most ideally used as a mouthwash prior to brushing and this leads to giving whiter and brighter teeth.
- Eliminate foods that can lead to the paleness of teeth: there are many foods and beverages that can wipe out the whiteness of teeth and make them appear pale such as red wine, black tea, smoking cigarettes or cigars. All this should be avoided or reduced to make the teeth white.
- Changing the toothbrush: toothbrush should be changed every month however clean it appears. This is because while it is being unnoticed, there are many bacteria that make your toothbrush their home and make them yellow instead of cleaning the teeth.
- Eat selected foods: this means the consumption of crisp and firm foods that are natural cleansing agents. They clean the teeth while they are eaten. This may include apples, raw carrots, celery, and popcorn.
- Visiting the dentist: a dentist can recommend good oral hygiene habits along with check-up of teeth.
All in all, oral hygiene and right brushing, as well as eating and drinking habits accompanied with some simple home remedies, can help to give healthy, white and shiny teeth.