People are suffering from so many diseases and tooth problems. There are several reasons that are responsible for tooth problems but the major reason is unhealthy dist plan and frequent eating. The other main cause is the presence of food particles on the corners of the tooth. Problems like discoloration and tooth decay occur because of several reasons. The treatment for yellow teeth is tooth whitening. It gives you bright teeth.
What is tooth whitening treatment?
Tooth whitening treatment is used to provide white teeth to patients. The tooth becomes yellowish because of irregular brushing and unhealthy food particles. People eat different foods as per the time of meal and also they eat very frequently with which their teeth become discolored.
Causes for the discoloration of the tooth
There are several causes for the discoloration.
- Dark-colored food and beverages: overconsumption of dark-colored foods and beverages can cause stains on the teeth over time.
- Smoking: many studies declare that people who smoke have discoloration in their teeth.
- Poor oral hygiene: stains are covered with the plaque. It is not possible to clean them with the brushing only. For cleaning the stains and removing the plaque, scaling is the best option. The best dentist in Bangalore is known for giving you the best possible treatment for removing plaque.
- Excessive fluoride. In appropriate quantities, fluoride is an excellent way to protect your teeth from cavities. However, people who consume high levels of fluoride during childhood may develop fluorosis. It is a condition that results in white spots on your tooth enamel.
Other causes for tooth discoloration causes
- Genetics: Natural tooth color, brightness and clarity vary from person to person.
- Dental trauma: Falls, car crashes and sports-related injuries can cause trauma that results in tooth discoloration.
- Aging: As you grow older, your tooth enamel wears thinner. This exposes more of the underlying dentin, which has a yellowish hue. As a result, your teeth may appear slightly more discolored as you age.
- Dental treatments: Some dental materials like silver amalgam used in metal fillings can make your teeth appear grayish. Root canal therapy can also cause tooth discoloration in some instances.
- Medicines: Some medicines are of dark color, like cancer medicines, and heart problem medicines are of different colors. People who take these medicines are having discolored teeth.
Benefits of tooth whitening treatments
Tooth whitening treatments are really beneficial in many ways.
- Boost the confidence level: tooth whitening treatment gives a white appearance to teeth, which directly boosts the confidence level of a person.
- Attractive: It enhances the attractiveness to the opposite sex. A study shows that 90% of adults believe that an attractive smile is key to appealing to the opposite gender.
- Enhanced opportunities: more than 70% of people think that an unattractive smile can decrease career opportunities. For getting more opportunities, having a beautiful smile is important.
- Enhanced social opportunities: A great smile is one of the best first impressions you can make and can make you appear open, friendly and happy.
- White smiles minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles and give you a younger overall appearance. White smiles also give the impression of healthiness.
- Cost friendly: Teeth whitening is one of the most affordable options for cosmetic dental treatment, although prices vary greatly depending on whether you choose over-the-counter whitening kits, take-home whitening kits, or have the treatment performed in the office. Great teeth can improve your overall appearance.
- Teeth whitening is non-invasive: these treatments are noninvasive and painless. It does not have any harmful side effects. The tooth whitening treatment is depending on the breaching agent you choose. These treatments can be performed in your own home or the comfort of your dentist’s office in just a short amount of time. For home treatment, they will give you a bleaching tray and the material that is used in the procedure of the office. Teeth whitening requires minimal preparation and fast results.
Risk factors of Tooth whitening treatments
Tooth whitening treatment not only provides you benefits, but there are some risk factors.
- Sensitivity in the gums
- Gum irritation
- Bleaching results are not granted
- Bleaching agents seep into the crack and unfilled cavity.
- It is not permanent and not long-term treatment.
- All stains do not clear
- Over whitening
Nowadays, people prefer the tooth whitening treatment because they want to look attractive. For tooth whitening treatment, contact the best dental clinic in Whitefield, named Smile Zone Dental Speciality Center.