When the nerve of the tooth is irritated that time you are going to experience toothaches. By brushing and flossing twice in a day you can avoid some dental problems. If still, your problems are not going away, then visit the dental clinic in Whitefield.
What are the causes of toothaches?
Some causes due to which you experience dental problems mentioned below:
What are the symptoms of toothaches?
Below are some symptoms that will tell you that it’s high time and you need expert advice.
- You suffer from pain while chewing food.
When to consult a dentist?
You should consult then dentist when you are experiencing following problems mentioned below:
- When your pain is not going after taking medicines.
- After tooth extraction, if you are suffering from severe pain. The person might experience dry socket syndrome which needs to be treated within 24 hours.
- You are experiencing pain or swelling on the face or in gums and you are suffering from fever as well. Then you should consult the dentist urgently.
- You met with an accident which causes loss of the tooth, then it is a matter of concern. You should visit the dental clinic asap because there are more severe injuries included in this.
- If you are suffering from pain while opening your mouth. This situation occurs when you have eaten a big food item. Only a dentist can help you in getting rid of your problem.
- If a person is facing a problem while swallowing the food. You can also experience gum bleeding. So visit the dental clinic.
- You are experiencing jaw pain which is associated with chest pain. This happens due to a dental problem. People with diabetes, stents should be very careful and consult the dentist.
What is the test for toothaches?
Sometimes x-rays are also known as periapical as well as panorex. If you are suffering from pain due to other factors other than a dental or jaw problem, then the doctor will prescribe some drugs. If the condition is critical, then the doctor will hospitalize the patient and do the treatment.
How can you treat the toothaches at home?
If you are experiencing temporary toothache then it can be cured at home by doing the following things mentioned below:
- You can take ibuprofen or acetaminophen at home.
- The person should avoid eating food which is too hot or too cold.
- You can keep cotton soaked in clove oil in the problematic area. It will help you in removing the pain.
- You can take aspirin if you are experiencing pain in the jaw. It is for adults only.
- You can give acetaminophen to children experiencing pain.
To avoid toothaches you should visit the dentist regularly.