What is Oral hygiene?
Oral hygiene plays an important role to reduce the problem of unhealthy gums. An individual should brush and floss his teeth daily in order to diminish the issue of gum disease. There are many people all over the world who are facing this issue. Keeping your gums healthy should be a priority for every individual. If a person is facing the problem for a long time then they should visit the dentist to treat the problem before it’s too late. There are many dental clinics available all over the world which provide the patients with the best treatment.
How to prevent the problem of gum disease?
The problem of unhealthy gums leads to several problems. The patient will have swollen gums, redness, and bad breath. In some cases, the patient will also lose their teeth. So, it’s important to keep your gums healthy and maintain good oral hygiene.
There are many ways which will help the patient to prevent this problem from getting further. Some of them are:
- Use fluoride toothpaste to keep your gums healthy. It builds an invisible layer of protection on your teeth to reduce the effect of plaque and sugar on your teeth. The chances of tooth decay will also be less.
- Calcium makes your teeth strong and healthy. 95% of calcium is found in your body and teeth. So, it’s best to include milk, cheese, and yogurt in your diet.
- Flossing will reduce the problem of unhealthy gums. It prevents heart disease, tooth decay, and halitosis (bad breath).
- You should change your toothbrush after every three months. Because after a certain time the effect of plaque will be less on your gums and teeth.
- Eat fruits like apple every day. When you chew it removes the stains from your teeth after some time if you eat an apple every day.
- If a person consumes tobacco it increases the chances of oral tissue damage. In some cases, it causes oral cancer.
- It’s best to visit the dentist every six to eight months.
- To prevent the problem of gum disease use antibacterial mouthwash for a few times a week.
Do natural remedies help to reduce the problem of gum disease?
Natural remedies will not prevent the problem properly. But it can reduce the effect of plaque buildup and keep your gums healthy. Some of them are:
- Tea Tree oil
- Vitamin C
- Oil pulling